Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dos Marcos (sp?)

This post is for Jenna - I finally tried “dos marcos”(sp?)! And it is quite tasty…

Yesterday after work Patrice (roommate) and I got dropped off at the store to do the grocery shopping for the house. After rounding up lots of random stuff, our groceries were packed in a box. We then have to travel the mile+ up the hill to our house. Since the box was getting heavy, I stopped and asked a lady to help me learn how to carry the box on my head. She thought this was hilarious, but rolled up my work shirt to help me balance it on my head. This was hilarious to her, especially ‘cause I was so tall. So I put the box on my head and began the walk up the hill. Of course, this led to everyone staring at us and me making comments to everyone, “pa pwoblem!”(no problem!). Regardless, everyone seemed to get a good laugh out of it (I have posted a pic of me carrying the load).

On the way up the hill I stopped to by “dos marcos” from a lady on the street. As mentioned, Jenna kept telling me to buy and eat this stuff. Secretly I have thought this was a joke the whole time- but to my surprise, it was quite cheap and quite good. It’s hard to describe – a little help here jenna? It’s a chocolate homemade chewy bar candy thing. Se bon.

Not much else to report on this end. Happy to be getting back to the “plat de jour” each day at lunch.

No comments: