Forgive the lack of posting - medical school orientation has been quite busy. So far my classmates are a lot of fun, although a tad younger than me.
One thing I have noticed so far is the tendency for the school to shower us with praise and tell us how wonderful we are. I am not suggesting they do the opposite, and I am very grateful they seem to think so much of us (and to be fair, there are some quite amazing people here); but it does seem like the general public seems to view physicians as pompous and arrogant many times. In my view pumping our egos so much perhaps doesn't help.
Many times I have felt like I am back in middle school, but it has been refreshing to meet other people like myself in so many strange ways (can memorize lists of insane amounts of material but can't get to a meeting on time or find their way out of a room). It is also a bit surreal to don the white coat "for real" and not in Haiti or in a lab. It's a nice, exciting feeling.
All in all it has been excellent, and I am extremely impressed with what Cornell as a medical school does. More to come, I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment