Time for end of rotation evaluations. I actually am supposed to hand these forms to people and then ask for them filled out with grades and comments about me. Upon talking to ANY upperclassmen I have been told this:
"Have them fill it out and give it back to you. Even if its sealed open it - if yuo received even average marks throw it away. Cornell doesn't track how many you get, only what you get score wise. An average mark from a resident that doesnt get it kills your chance of honors."
Even in my lame attempts to protest this i have been told "gotta learn to play that game, that's all. those that work hard and dont play the game get screwed, period."
It just made me reflect on how so much of training to be a Dr is about schmoozing, almost like we are salespeople. I guess in a away we are, always trying to convince people to do things healthier.
either way the eval stuff seems crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment