I spent today following a young intern around, and then his attending.
I hate this all. Here is why: when someone "outranks you" here they treat you like less of a person. For example, you will start a question like, "Ok, when I get back from this meeting, where should I meet you" and before it all comes out person outranking you has turned away and is talking to someone else. If I want to speak I have to wait to be achwkowledged (Which will not happen) or just want til he is done talking to the upper ranked person and try again. It's just hospital culture - you outrank someone so you treat them like shit. It is absolutely absurd. I feel bad for these people. Everyone treats everyone like shit here. I am done with it. These people do it bc they ve dreamed about being a dr and part of this special club since they were little...well turns out the special club treats each other like shit.
When you think your doc is being kind of a prick to you - think about this: you are seeing by farrrr his good side.
Of course there are some great docs AND great people, but they are rare. Also, for a long time one of our senior deans has asked "why are the students so nice as first years and full of ideas and energy, yet they leave apathetic, tired, and just obeying orders?"
The system does it. If given the chance I wouldn't do it again. Each day it chips a little more away from me and I have no idea how to hold on to who i am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment